Monday, August 24, 2009

Abuse Scenario By Jack Brunson


Abuse Scenario By Jack Brunson



Picture This:
You have a good friend who recently has acquired several cuts and bruises on different parts of her body. She says that she has been tripping and running into a lockers lately. You don't believe her. What do you do?



I have a friend, her name is Carlata, and I think she has a problem. She has been gaining new scratches, cuts, and bruises each week.i think that she is being abused by her new step-dad. She won’t talk to me and the our other friend. Every time we try to ask her whats happening she makes up something like, I fell on, I trip over, or I was hit by. I think she has a serious problem but she won’t talk about it. I try to get her to go to the school counselor but as always no one is there. Its like they get paid to do nothing. I offer to start driving her home after school, but she refuses. So I go to the school police and tell them what I think is wrong. He says he will look into it. The next day she arrives to school with even more cuts and bruises. During lunch I look for the policemen I talked to yesterday. He tells me that the parents weren’t home so he will try again today. So I wait once again for results. The next day she has more and I began to fear for my friend. Before I asked the policemen about what happened I drag my friend to him. I tell him to look at her, to examine the cuts and scratches. The policemen ask Carlata some questions and she finally confesses what her step-dad has been doing. The policemen takes us both to her house and the step dad is dragged out of the house in cuffs. I see what looks like a smile upon my friends face. My friend is back. J J

No comments:

Post a Comment